Do not eat or drink liquids(including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment. Routine medications may be taken with a sip of water.
If your physician has prescribed medications for you, take them as prescribed with a small amount of water unless directed otherwise.
Please do not smoke for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery. No smoking or chewing tobacco for seven (7) days following surgery.
- Refrain from using any recreational drugs including marijuana or THC products for 72 hours prior to your general anesthesia procedure. Use within 72 hours could lead to general anesthesia complications.
A responsible adult must accompany the patient to our office, be prepared to remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient safely home, and stay with the patient for up to six (6) hours after surgery.
If the patient is less than 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must be present before surgery to give consent, and must remain in the office during surgery.
- We request you wear a short sleeve shirt; remove fingernail polish and all jewelry including watches and piercings.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify our office.
- Your cell phone will need to be powered off during surgery.
The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia procedure.